The label you are going to work for is Jobbird, part of The Works (YoungCapital). No worries: you are not on your own, as you will work closely with a team of developers (8) and the product manager.
As a QA engineer, you are in the lead for setting up and maintaining automated testing, as well as sharing this knowledge with the rest of the department. You create and execute plans and cases to ensure software quality. You ensure new features do not break existing functionalities. Spotted a bug? All yours to fix. Besides this, you will participate in ticket refinement sessions.
Your main tasks:
- Define a quality vision and create your own testing strategy, applying different testing techniques; (At this moment, we do not have a strategy yet, so feel free to use anything you like!)
- Perform both functional and non-functional testing;
- Setting up quality assurance and test automation for an existing product;
- Understand and map user flows of the product and write test cases based on requirements and acceptance criteria;
- Monitor the quality of the product and improve quality assurance processes in the team.
Good to know:
- You will help and support the team to test effectively; making quality a team effort;
- When needed, you can test manually, but we prefer test automation;
- Analyze and process bug reports, is also part of your job;
- Of course, you keep up-to-date with trend in software testing.
You will work together with the QA Chapter, share knowledge and improve the overall way of working. It is part of your job as a QA Automation Engineer to oversee the performance of the (new) features. Are they implemented correctly and do they match the product manager's conditions? If not, or you are not satisfied yet? Do it again and make it happen.
- Coaching a team in quality improvement;
- Process and bug report analysis;
- Experience with pipelines and software deployment;
- Dutch proficiency;
- Agile knowledge.
What we offer:
- Besides an awesome job and a salary around EUR 75K on a fulltime yearly base, there are a bunch of noteworthy benefits;
- A pension plan, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day;
- Each year, there is a budget for your personal education and development;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on health, such as sports gear;
- You will get an Apple MacBook;
- You will be a part of a great working atmosphere, including our own YoungCapital festival, various hackathons and other fun (sports) events.
What we ask:
- Minimum hbo level or equivalent ability Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- At least 4 years of experience in software testing;
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining test automation;
- Experience in setting up a testing strategy and with risk based testing;
- Experience with version control (git);
- Knowledge of different testing methodologies, processes and tools;
- Experience with testing backend technologies (front end is a plus);
- You’re an excellent team player with strong communicative skills;
- Work at least 1 day per week with our team in our Nijmegen office, the rest of the week will be remote. Occasionally we might ask you to come to our Hoofddorp office;
- Speaking and writing fluently English;
- Available full time (>32h per week)
Jobbird is one the labels of the The Works: home to successful international work brands like YoungCapital, YoungCapital NEXT, StudentJob. At DASH’s R&D department in Hoofddorp, we have a bunch of developers building technological innovations in a data-driven and agile way.
Together, we work on many impressive applications, and we build the vast majority of these ourselves. That includes all the 30 job websites that are part of The Works and their databases. From the YoungCapital app to our own ATS (Applicant Tracking System), and from machine learning algorithms, to an E-learning environment. Standing still is not an option for us.
- Middelbare school
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op
Nijmegen | ICT bijbaan | Fulltime (startersfunctie) | Middelbare school